Greetings in the Name of Jesus,
How have you been at choosing self-control this week? Some days, I imagine, are easier than others. But we are reminded again and again in Scripture the importance of allowing our lives to be led by the Holy Spirit, rather than self. Paul tells us in Romans 8:9, “…you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you!” Today, choose the Holy Spirit! Seek His voice, through Scripture, through prayer, and through trusting the Word! Remember, make the choice before the temptation comes, that way, your mind is already made up to choose Jesus!
Here are some announcements to keep in mind:
- JAM activities begin at 6:45.
- This Sunday we will have a Fellowship Meal following the Service. Please bring a dish or two to share. After the fellowship meal the Bible Quiz Team will give a brief demonstration of Quizzing and also share the Memory Verses they have been working on. Pledges are due, and other donations will be accepted.
- Aldie Springer’s Visitation will be Sunday afternoon at East Bend from 4-7pm.
- Monday is the Celebration of Life for Aldie at 11am. This will be followed by a meal and fellowship.
- Tuesday evening at 6:30 the Crafters will meet in the MYF room.
When you feel overwhelmed, or uncertain of your ability to overcome and to live under the control of the Holy Spirit, remember the promises of God. Paul, in instructing young Timothy, proclaims, “For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NASB95) That power, through the blood of Christ and through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, is available for YOU! God is seeking to make you new, every day and in every way!
Choosing to Be Made New in Christ,