Greetings in the Name of Jesus,
We have entered into the Advent season – a time of waiting and anticipation. On one level we celebrate the coming of the Baby Jesus – but even more so, we wait with much anticipation for the return of the Lion of Judah! Jesus came as a lamb, to be the Sacrifice that takes away the sins of the world! Those sins still bind so many – including you and I at times! However, the greatest gift of Christmas is the reality of freedom from that bondage in Jesus! This gift of freedom is available to all – but just like an unopened Christmas Gift – if we choose to ignore it, it will do us no good!
Here are some announcements to keep in mind:
- It’s Soup Supper Night! Supper begins at 6:00pm. All other JAM activities begin at 6:45.
- This Sunday the Dean’s will provide Christmas Cookies as a Thank You to the Congregation! (WE Love you all!)
- This Sunday Grade school (K-5) SS kids will stay for lunch and Christmas Play Practice.
- 6:00pm on Sunday evening is the Christmas Choir Practice.
- Monday at 7:00 pm will be the Blue Grass Jam. All are welcome to bring an instrument, your voice, or just come to listen in!
- Tuesday at 6:30 the Crafters will meet to craft together. All are welcome.
- Starting in January there will be a new Parenting Bible Study led by Jayne Eby and Michael Dean. It’s a video based series by Tony Evans entitled Raising Kingdom Kids. Couples and individuals are encouraged to sign up in the Narthex. The study will take place on JAM Evenings in January and February.Remember – you can give to East Bend using the “Give
- Online Option” or by texting “ebmc” to 77977 to download the PushPay app on your smart phone. It’s quick, secure, and you can do it anytime.
Psalm 25:4 says, “Make me know Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation“. Jesus IS our salvation – there is salvation in no one or nothing else! This Advent season, let us keep our eyes focused on the source of our Salvation – and allow that Gift to motivate us to live as Children of the King!
From Fear to Faithfulness,