Happy Wednesday Friends,
What have you done for the “least of these” this week? We were reminded this past Sunday of Jesus’ words in Matthew 25:40 when He says, “The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.‘” Every day we have opportunity to help those who can’t help themselves – either by offering words of kindness, giving a ride, visiting an elderly neighbor or friend, calling to chat with someone who is lonely. In each case it means listening to God’s promptings and then stepping out of our routine or schedule. But let us not forget that God modeled this through Jesus – who, being in very nature God, chose not to regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but instead, emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of man! (Philippians 2:6-7)
Here’s What’s Happening at East Bend:
- JAM activities begin at 6:45. Remember to give yourselves a little extra time with the snow.
- This Sunday we will have a Sunday Evening Service of praise, prayer, and sharing from 6-7pm. It will be an informal time of gathering. Invite your friends and neighbors too!
- Next Wednesday, January 27th the Fisher Area Ministers will be hosting an outreach at the Fisher High School for all area youth – Grades 5-12 from 7-9pm. Please pray for this event, as the Gospel will be clearly proclaimed.
- Next Tuesday, Jan. 26, the Crafters will meet at 6:30 pm.
- Looking ahead – We will offer another Discovering Church Membership Class on Saturday, February 6 from 12-4pm. If you are interested in knowing what it means to be a member at East Bend, this class is for you! If you have any questions or are interested in participating, let Pastor Mike know by replying to this email or by filling out the Bulletin Tear off this Sunday.
- Remember – you can give to East Bend using the “Give Online Option” or by texting “ebmc” to 77977 to download the PushPay app on your smart phone. It’s quick, secure, and you can do it anytime.
Jesus knows you – your name, your thoughts, your hopes and dreams. God has formed us for a purpose – are you living into that purpose? He made us to love us, and for us to love Him more than anything else! We can exhibit this by growing in obedience to His Word and to His will everyday! My hope and prayer is that we can continue to do this together!
Yielded to Him,