Greetings in the Name of Jesus,
We serve a generous God – as a matter of fact, He models generosity in the most extreme sense by giving us the gift of His Son! We read in John 3:16, “For God so loved they world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life!” Brian challenged us last week to remember this amazing gift, and to allow God’s example to challenge us when we consider His call to give of ourselves – time, energy, thought, resources – back to Him!
Here are some announcements to keep in mind:
- It’s Soup Supper Night! Supper begins at 6:00pm. All other JAM activities begin at 6:45.
- Jayne Eby and Pastor Mike will be leading a 6 week video based parenting study by Tony Evans starting tonight! We will meet upstairs in the large SS room.
- This Sunday is Baptism/Membership Sunday! Let us celebrate together the choice of New Life in Christ that a number of young people have made – and the decision to join East Bend in formal membership by transfer of others! What a joy it is to be in the family of God together!
- This Sunday, after worship, there will be a “virtual conference” for anyone interested. We will show two short videos (30 minutes each) – the first being “I Spy Compromise” and the second is a behind the scenes look at Answers in Genesis ministry. A light lunch will be provided. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to Jessica Birky at email@example.com so she can plan accordingly for the meal.
- As many of you are aware, our Brother, Jerry Allen Hood passed away very suddenly yesterday morning. Please continue to lift up Eva, Kathleen, Christopher, Emily, and the rest of the family in your prayers. At this time they are looking to have the services at East Bend on Saturday. When those times are set, we will send out another email to let you know. Let us all seek the Lord together on behalf of the Hood family.
Proverbs 22:9 says “He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.” (Proverbs 22:9, NASB95) God modeled what giving was all about when He gave to us the gift of Jesus! May we model that gift each and every day!